Last date : On going
The Urgent Action Fund for women’s human rights, a global women’s fund to protect, strengthen and sustain women and transgender human rights defenders at critical moment, accepts grant applications for immediate support to women/transgender human rights defenders under its Rapid Response grant. These are the funding tool used to support interventions by activists in a strategic and timely manner.
- Potentially precedent-setting legal or legislative actions, or actions that aim to protect a precedent that has already been set.
- Protection and security of women human rights defenders – the Evacuation grants fall under this category.
- Peace building
- Environmental Justice
- Land Rights
- Sex Worker Rights
- LGBTQ Rights
- Reproductive Rights
- and Other Issues
- Grant proposals must be for the action that promotes the advancement of women’s human rights.
- The specific event or situation the applicant’s organization is responding to should be unanticipated and action must happen quickly to be effective.
- The applying group must have the support of others involved in women’s human rights or related fields, locally or globally.
- Women/transgender people must be the primary decision-makers in the organization, group, or action.
- Applications can be submitted in any language and any time of the year.