Last date : January 12, 2015The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) is asking for Request for Proposals (RFP) from organizations for Promoting Democracy & Religious Freedom in Central Asia particularly Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan. It also aims to encourage Human Rights Among people.
Religious Freedom: $400,000 availability of funding
DRL aims to fund projects that will have a lasting impact on religious freedom in Central Asia by encouraging reforms and structural changes that take advantage of changing social and political dynamics.
- Be a U.S.-based or foreign-based non-profit organization/non-government organization (NGO).
- Be a public international organization.
- Be private, public, or state institutions of higher education.
- Be a for-profit organization or business.
- Have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with thematic partners or in-country partners, entities, and relevant stakeholders including industry and NGOs.
- Have demonstrable experience administering successful and preferably similar projects.
- Participants should reflect religious, ethnic, and gender diversity
- Quality of Program Idea/Inclusivity of Marginalized Population
- Program Planning/Ability to Achieve Objectives
- Cost Effectiveness
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Multiplier Effect/Sustainability
- Institution’s Record and Capacity
How to apply?
- Applications must adhere to the DRL’s posted Proposal Submission Instructions (PSI) for Full Proposals, given on the website.
- The applications should be in English or an original document within the application is in another language, an English translation is provided.
- Organizations may form consortia and submit a combined proposal. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
- All the proposals should be sent electronically to the website given in the announcement by the closing date.Applications must be made through grants.gov or grantsolutions.gov. Organizations must have DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number and sam.gov registration to apply through grants.gov.