Last date : May 31, 2014
AEON Environmental Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) jointly invite nominations for MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2014. The prize aims to encourage positive action for biodiversity and inspire others by showcasing the notable work of those it honors.
Three outstanding individuals who have contributed highly to biodiversity conservation will be honored with monetary prize of USD $100,000 each. The award ceremony will be held in October 2014 in conjunction with the twelfth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the CBD in Pyeongchang, Republic of Korea.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Nominees can be from anywhere in the world.
- Nominees must have made outstanding achievements that greatly contribute to biodiversity (Achievement)
- Nominees must have the ability to influence future activities related to biodiversity (Potential)
- Nominees must have conducted work which has impacts on various activities for biodiversity around the world (Impact).
- Nominees can be experts who are academics, scientists and others working on biodiversity.
- Nominees must be individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity at global, regional or local levels.
- Nominators can be members of the public worldwide. Select group of nominators are the academics, scientists and other experts working on biodiversity from around the world.
For more information: http://www.midoripress-aeon.net/prize/index.html