Last date : November 1, 2014
Do you represent an indigenous peoples’ organization? Do you want to participate in the 14th session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues to be held in United Nations (UN) Headquarters, New York from 20 April to 1 May 2015? Apply for the UN Voluntary Fund for Indigenous Peoples and participate in the Permanent Forum!
Selected applicants will be provided with a travel grant to participate in the forum. Indigenous women, youth and indigenous persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for the fund.
- Applicants must be representatives of indigenous peoples’ organizations and communities who are so considered by the Board of Trustees.
- The representative will not be able to attend meetings without the assistance provided by the Fund, in the opinion of the Board.
- Applicants must be able to contribute to a deeper knowledge on these mechanisms and bodies of the problems affecting indigenous peoples and who would secure a broad geographical representation.
- The representatives and the organizations applying for a grant should be indigenous.
- Application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation signed by an executive of their indigenous organization.
- Only two individuals from an organization can apply.
- Applications and recommendations can be submitted in English, French or Spanish language.
- Applicants can be an individual who has never participated in the session of the Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues or the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and representatives who already participated and could develop specialized capacity and strengthen the core group of participants in the Permanent Forum or the Expert Mechanism.
- Priority will be given to applicants living in their own community and country.
- Applications from indigenous representatives and their nominating organizations that have been beneficiaries of the Fund and failed to submit their evaluation forms will not be considered.
For more details : http://undesadspd.org/IndigenousPeoples/UNPFIISessions/Fourteenth.aspx